Friday, January 20, 2012

Weekend



Happy Friday! Although Thursday is my favorite day of the week, I have no complaints about a relaxed friday, and I was finished with class at 10 this morning! Bonus. I don't have many plans for the weekend, but hopefully I will get to make these.
I haven't had much time to cook recently, but I think this weekend could be the time. Bacon is just awesome. I know that word is overused, but that is the only way to describe it. Here is the recipe I am going to use.

Ingredients

  • 1 pound fresh green beans
  • 8 bacon strips, partially cooked
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • ¼ teaspoon salt

Instructions

  1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Blanch green beans in salted boiling water, until tender yet still crisp. Cool beans under running water. Wrap about 15 beans in each strip of bacon and secure with a wooden toothpick.
  3. Place on a foil-covered baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until bacon is done.
  4. In a skillet, sauté shallot in butter until tender. Add vinegar, sugar, and salt; heat through.
  5. Remove bundles to a serving bowl or platter; pour sauce over and serve immediately.

Emily and I had a grand plan to make some BLTs using this method over winter break, but never got around to it.


Maybe I'll try that this weekend as well. Oh! (Sorry for the flow of thoughts I am putting into this blog post) BUT, have you ever heard of putting peanut butter on a BLT? Someone told me this was their favorite recently and I think it is worth a shot. What's not to like? I'll get back to you on whether it is any good.


No comments:

Post a Comment