Saturday, January 21, 2012

Flat Tire

Last night on my way home I managed to get a flat tire.... fortunately it was in my driveway so I was able to simply park, stare at it for a minute, and go upstairs to my comfy bed to be dealt with in the morning.

This morning I woke up....and remembered I needed to change my tire. Don't get me wrong, I should know how, my dad has taught me numerous times, and decides to remind me every time I leave on a long trip, just in case, but it is not the happiest way to start the day. So, I put on some warm work clothes, informed my roommate I would be doing so (just in case....she was shocked that I would even try this on my own), and went out to begin the process. I nearly had no assistance, but I had to call my dad just to ask how essential it was for me to block the opposite tire (I have no wood, bricks, or any blocking mechanisms here ar school), and we decided I would be ok.

I could go on about the process, but instead I decided to document this proud moment in my life.

The Flat

Up on the scissor jack

No tire!

All finished!



As you can see I was very proud of myself at the end (poor self-portrait attempt). What a great way to start the day! (And I'm not even being sarcastic). Now I can check changing a tire off of the things I want to do myself, I'm sure there are a lot of men, or I suppose boys, who can't even do that!

My hands are still pretty grimy from the activity, even though I have washed them 4 times. Tonight I am going to a dressy affair, what a contrast of activities.....

No comments:

Post a Comment