Thursday, October 6, 2011

One Groovy Coconut

Adventures in coconut eating land...


Told you it was groovy.
First, you drill holes in the 3 coconut "eyes."
Once there are holes, drain the coconut water into a vessel. You can drink this. This stuff is actually the new Gatorate.

Now this is the hard part, you have to crack the super hard shell. I tried a few methods involving knives and a hammer and watched a YouTube video. None of this worked for me, so I invented my own method. I put the 'nut in a newspaper bag, so it was wrapped very tightly. Then I did a very sophisticated method that involved throwing the bagged coconut as hard as I could onto the concrete ground in my garage. So sophisticated!

The open nut.
Pop the meat out with a knife. Careful!
Now, eat the delish coconut! I consumed one in 2 days. Then I read it has levels of saturated  fat similar to lard. Whoops.

Also, my coconut came dressed in this. Reminds me of a shirt my Ken doll had. Yes Ken, like Barbie's dude.



Sort of like this one.  You can buy it here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment