Thursday, October 6, 2011

Clifton Day



This weekend is the annual Clifton Day in our hometown. Every year the town puts on a festival of sorts, that anyone can have a booth in. In elementary school this was the highlight of October, and I am excited to return to those days. I haven't had the opportunity to go in a few years, but this weekend happens to be my fall break so I will be home for the festivities.

In our prime, Emily and I frequently ran a booth there where we had face and nail painting, what a money maker. Here are a few of my favorite things about clifton day:

taste_eat_this_now_lemon_sticks.jpg


Lemonsticks: Simply take a half of a lemon, wedge a soft peppermint

stick in the center, and use the peppermint stick as a straw!


Funnel Cake: Need I say more?


The Clifton Store: This used to be a small general store, and in the past few years they opened a restaurant called the Clifton Pub which has endless pitchers of sweet tea and onion rings. Yum. (This is a picture of my sister and I from a few years ago admiring the classic sign.)
Cherry Picker: No, I won't be taking a ride in one of these this year, but this booth always had the longest line and was the highlight of my day. I'm not quite sure why cherry pickers are so frequently at fairs, but I am not complaining.

There are many other exciting things to tell you about the fair, but time to work on some Civil Procedure Readings. I'll post some pictures soon of Emily and I's adventures at Virginia Tech.



Side note: Remember Tuesday Folders? I had completely forgotten about them until a few days ago when my roommate brought them up, I felt like I had gotten back an entire portion of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment