Friday, October 7, 2011

Bonfire

Can we please discuss how great bonfires are? Over the summer one of our friends Calvin came on a camping trip with us, and while he did not enjoy some elements of the trip (being in nature, sleeping on the ground, sitting on stumps) there was one element he could agree with the rest of us on...... Fires. Are. Awesome.

I have always loved bonfires, fireplaces, candles, and most other contained forms of fire. Recently, while perusing the web for interesting pictures of bonfires (cool right?) I found all these pictures of wedding receptions with bonfires, what a cool idea. Well here is a nice mix of some cool pictures I have found, taken, love.

Calvin and his masterpiece fire.

This looks like the perfect fall, spring, summer, any season set up. via

The annual Christmas tree burning in my town, always the spectacle.

Hopefully I will have the opportunity to try some of the bonfire recipes I have learned of and post my results here. I still think my favorite is the original s'more. Over the summer Emily and I tried s'mores with Reeses instead of a Hershey bar, it was ok, but nothing beats the original.

Also, I learned today that Train released a Petite Sirah this past summer called "Drops of Jupiter." You can check it out here. In addition to being an awesome idea, a portion of the proceeds goes to Family House, a non-profit that provides housing to patients and families of those suffering from severe illness. Wine, charity, and Train? I'm in. I think I need to get a bottle for the next time the trio is reunited. Can you imagine no love, pride, deep fried chicken?

No comments:

Post a Comment