Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Blogger: Olivia

The past two weekends I have travelled to Lexington to look for a place to live for the upcoming year, and in my search, I have realized how little I know about the type of house I want.  I am much more familiar with describing what I do not want in a house, rather than what exactly I am looking for.  I lived in an apartment throughout undergrad, so I never really had the opportunity to look at the many variations that houses provide.  I do know that I love cabins, but I don't think that is a truly a realistic option for a house, more of a vacation home, am I getting ahead of myself?

New House! Look at those floors!



Fortunately, after endless searching and two trips to Lexington my roommates and I found a house we like (with no AC) that we will be living in for the next school year.  One of the major selling points for me was the location, within a 20 minute walk to the law school.  Secondly, I loved the hardwood floors, an element that adds character to old houses, or houses in general rather.









Considering my roommates are only renting this house, I cannot even imagine the pressure that goes into buying or building a house.  Oh, and once you buy the house, you have to decorate it, oh goodness.  I guess my question is, when am I going to figure out what my style is? My mother asked me what my decorating schedule was the other day, and my answer was clearly "no idea."  Renting this house is a step in the right direction of finding my style right? Baby steps.

I think one of these rugs would be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment